Community Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with Victory enthusiasts around the world.

Home Forums Cross Country 2013 XCT with 30k miles wont start

• 2013 XCT with 30k miles wont start

Posted by Chad on February 1, 2024 at 6:06 am

I was headed to work when my XCT stalled out on my street. It wouldn’t start but i eventually got it to start by giving it throttle. I parked it for the last few months because i had other stuff to take care of. First thing i did was check battery cables and the load tested battery. Both were fine so i checked fuel pressure. I am getting 50psi at idle and maintaining that when i try start the bike. I checked for spark with a spark plug tester and that was was fine. I am planning on replacing the spark plugs and the 40 amp breaker when i get home from work. The 40 amp breaker in the bike is not the original one i replaced that a few years ago with one from napa. If i give it throttle as i try to start it will run for reaction of a second,. Not sure what to do next besides replace the plugs and the breaker. The bike has been tuned by the vic shop and it has a PCV on it.

Thank You

Any suggestions on what i could be missing?

Chad replied 3 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Rylan

Administrator
    February 2, 2024 at 5:18 am

I always recommend giving the bike a tiny bit of throttle in order to get it started. Having the throttle blades open a tiny bit helps the bike start easier by adding air to the rich startup mixture, and allowing the engine to spin easier without the restriction of the closed throttle blades. This is especially true in the cold winter months.

As far as your problem is concerned, if you’ve checked the spark plugs, and battery, and this and that and the other thing, and it still won’t start………..remove the Power Commander entirely from the bike and attempt to start it without the PC.

• Chad

February 2, 2024 at 9:48 am

Thanks for the reply Rylan, i changed out the 40 amp breaker but the battery and it started right up.