Community Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with Victory enthusiasts around the world.

Home Forums 2002-2007 Model Years 2005 Victory TC won’t start…fuel pressure test port adapter part number maybe?

• 2005 Victory TC won’t start…fuel pressure test port adapter part number maybe?

Posted by Derek on August 4, 2022 at 10:38 am

My 2005 Victory TC won’t start. Was running fine when I parked it for the winter with the battery tender applied. When I try to start the bike, it acts like it wants to start sometimes, but sometimes it also pops and backfires. By using your youtube videos, I was eliminating causes of non-starting. I verified I had 12.9 volts on my battery and I have good spark on both spark plugs. From there I moved to check my fuel pressure. I watched your youtube video (<yt-formatted-string force-default-style=””>Victory Motorcycle Fuel Pressure Check) and tried to replicate the process. I’ve tried 2 different fuel pressure adapters for the test port (one that I bought from Amazon and another that I rented from O’reillys that came with the Ford adapter) and I’m having no luck with either. The O’reilly one, with the Ford adapter, screws on fine, but doesn’t screw up far enough to push in the schrader valve. I used a small screwdriver to push on the schrader valve to make sure I at least have pressure, and I do. I then removed the schrader valve from the test port and hooked the pressure gauge up…I did get a pressure reading (only about 10psi), but the adapter at the test port now had a bad leak so I know my reading was not accurate. Do you have a part number of a test port adapter that will work with my bike? Do you sale these adapters? </yt-formatted-string>

<yt-formatted-string force-default-style=””>
    </yt-formatted-string>

Derek replied 1 year, 8 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Rylan

Administrator
    August 4, 2022 at 11:13 am

Or we could skip that step and go right into “ya know what, let’s just rebuild it anyway and cross the fuel system off the list of suspects”.

My fuel pump rebuild process is a great way to enhance the reliability of any 02-08 steel frame.

Otherwise, best I can say is try another tool, its a common fitting.

• Derek

August 7, 2022 at 8:37 pm

Good point! The bike is 17 years old! I did finally manage to find an adapter that will work and the pressure is 45psi at best. So today, I removed the tank. I will be reviewing your videos on removal of the fuel pump. Once I have it out, I’ll be sending it your way for a rebuild.

Thanks!