Community Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with Victory enthusiasts around the world.

Home Forums 2002-2007 Model Years 2004 Kingpin No Start/Shooting Fuel Out Exhaust Pipe

• 2004 Kingpin No Start/Shooting Fuel Out Exhaust Pipe

Posted by ROBERT on May 13, 2023 at 1:25 pm

Last time I was out and at a stop light I smelled gas and looked down to my right to see fuel dribbling down the side of my engine. Also at the same time I noticed that my neutral light was not on (I was in neutral). Since I was closed to home I continued on. I had just put my gas tank back on as I just painted it and figured I may have not tightened the hose clamp enough. I went ahead and re=tightened the clamp and then the bike sat for a couple of weeks because of bad weather. Also, I saw that when I turned my key off, my aux light in front along with my speackers were still on. I ended up just pulling a 20 amp fuse and then there it sat.

Here are my issues.

1) When I put the fuse in, the aux light and the speakers turn on. I will trace the wires and see if there is a short.

2) When I turn the ignition on and try and start the bike, I hear the fuel pump as normal, but when I push the start button it acts like it wants to start for a split second then dies. If I try and crank it any more than that as the starter turns the engine, gas will start spewing out of my bottom pipe. I mean quite a bit. I have checked the coil packs and they seem to be fine, I am getting spark to the plugs (I put in new ones), and thats all I get. I have notices that sometimes when I would get a hiccup or small backfire for some random reason, a small amount of air wiould be ejected from the throttle body adapter and the last time I tried to start it I paid attention and saw gas actually be ejected! I have blown out the engine and put the spark plugs back in and the same thing happens.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!Last time I was out and at a stop light I smelled gas and looked down to my right to see fuel dribbling down the side of my engine. Also at the same time I noticed that my neutral light was not on (I was in neutral). Since I was closed to home I continued on. I had just put my gas tank back on as I just painted it and figured I may have not tightened the hose clamp enough. I went ahead and re=tightened the clamp and then the bike sat for a couple of weeks because of bad weather. Also, I saw that when I turned my key off, my aux light in front along with my speackers were still on. I ended up just pulling a 20 amp fuse and then there it sat.

Here are my issues.

1) When I put the fuse in, the aux light and the speakers turn on. I will trace the wires and see if there is a short.

2) When I turn the ignition on and try and start the bike, I hear the fuel pump as normal, but when I push the start button it acts like it wants to start for a split second then dies. If I try and crank it any more than that as the starter turns the engine, gas will start spewing out of my bottom pipe. I mean quite a bit. I have checked the coil packs and they seem to be fine, I am getting spark to the plugs (I put in new ones), and thats all I get. I have notices that sometimes when I would get a hiccup or small backfire for some random reason, a small amount of air wiould be ejected from the throttle body adapter and the last time I tried to start it I paid attention and saw gas actually be ejected! I have blown out the engine and put the spark plugs back in and the same thing happens.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

ROBERT replied 11 months, 3 weeks ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.