Community Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with Victory enthusiasts around the world.

Home Forums 2002-2007 Model Years 2003 V92C driveability issue

• 2003 V92C driveability issue

Posted by Dan on October 4, 2023 at 11:21 am

Just bought a 2003 V92C as at 71 YOA, my ‘12 XC is getting a little heavy at parking lot speeds.

It appears seller wasn’t honest about the bikes history (go figure). Odometer shows only 8,100+ miles, but bike has way more than that. It looks like previous owner(s) that performed maintenance weren’t up to the task. No mods to wiring I can discern. No aftermarket lights or other parts I can find. I knew it would be a project and I have one, it seems 😳. It needs items like a windshield, seat, oil change, etc, but if I can’t get it fixed, I don’t want to invest the additional money.

Anyway, bike has a miss at idle and surges between 1,000-2,000 RPM. Runs strong above that, it seems. I ran three tanks with Gumout Injector Cleaner, no change. Starts fine when cold and running temperature. No black or white smoke from exhaust when on the throttle.

New plugs. New K&N air filter. Replaced throttle body rubber caps. Cleaned throttle body (increased idle rpm by about 350 rpm, now idles at 950-1,000RPM). Probed throttle body boots-seem firm. RPM doesn’t change when carb cleaner sprayed on boots. Does this mean that the IAC hoses are good, too? Fuel pressure deadheads @50PSI, running @52. Changed spark plug wires with XC. – no change. Performed ECM/TPS “reset”. Alternator output @13.9V. New battery, bike cranks fine. Appears to be getting 50MPG.

Looking for next steps I should undertake. Thanks in advance.

Dan replied 6 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Rylan

Administrator
    October 7, 2023 at 5:55 am

If there was an authorized Victory dealer nearby this could be as easy as plugging it into their Victory proprietary computer and richening the Air/Fuel mixture.

Without the aid of that hardware and software we’ll have to start talking about adding an aftermarket fuel controller. I just did a TC a week ago that needed a Doebeck style controller to add the required fuel.

A hand held AFR meter will be invaluable in this process.

• Dan

October 10, 2023 at 3:48 pm

I just submitted a request for service to you to see if I can get on your schedule sometime over the winter/early spring. Thanks DC