Community Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with Victory enthusiasts around the world.

Home Forums Power Commander Maps 106 Steel Frame Torque Tubes, Vic Stg1 pipe

• Bradley

February 8, 2023 at 1:02 pm

Do you recommend a timing wheel as well when tuning with a power commander? I’ll be using this as a base map when starting due to having stock cams, stage 1 pipe, and the arlen ness/S&S intake.

• Rylan

Administrator
      February 10, 2023 at 8:18 am

On a steel frame bike, it’s not really needed.

MAINLY: the base timing maps in the stock steel frame ECM are better than, say, a Cross bike.

But Secondarily: The lighter, faster revving steel frame models don’t spend a bunch of time under 2500 anyway and it’s not really worth nitpicking that area.

• Joel

March 1, 2023 at 4:52 pm

Oh man. I have a 16 hammer with stage 1 exhaust, k&n filter, and Lloyds fuel controller. I picked up a used timing wheel just to get a smoother curve. How many degrees would you set it if at all? I know most can do 4 degrees.

• Rylan

Administrator
    March 2, 2023 at 12:53 am

Steel frames bikes don’t need much timing.

You can put it at +4 and I may have nominal gains under 2500rpms when tuned with the dyno, but the PC will likely have lots of negative numbers over 4000 rpms as it’ll be overtimed in that area.

Therefore, if you don’t have it properly tuned, you’ll actually loose power over 4000ish rpms.

• David

March 7, 2023 at 11:46 pm

Today I installed this map to my 2013 Hammer S. I noted this map has AFR tables and as I have an PCV Auto Tune I should be in a good place. Looking forward to seeing what the trims look like.

For reference, I have an S&S air cleaner, Lloyd’s Timing wheel at +4 and Stage 1 Victory pipes.