Community Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with Victory enthusiasts around the world.

Home Forums 2002-2007 Model Years Speed wobbles @ 80mph Reply To: Speed wobbles @ 80mph

• Rylan

Administrator
    August 30, 2022 at 6:11 am

What usually ends up being the case is the thing you wrote off as “ok” is actually the problem.

Like – “Well it can’t be the tires, they only have 500 miles on them”

“Well it can’t be the next bearing, it feels fine to me”

“Well it can’t be the ……”

I call that behavior “putting on the blinders” where you skip over the problem because you’ve written it off in your head.

An 03 Vegas when in perfect mechanical condition should not have a speed wobble. It’s not inherent in the design of the bike. You’ll have to make sure each system of the bike is diagnosed and fixed properly.

“Well, it can’t be the forks – Jimbob already fixed them” Maybe Jimbob got something wrong.

“Well it can’t be the tires, they’re brand new” The tire was the wrong type or had a defect.

“Well it can’t be the neck bearing, it feels fine” You don’t know what you’re feeling for, it’s actually rusted.

“I’ve never heard of a swingarm bearing going bad, can’t be it” It can.

And so on, and so on. An 03 Vegas when in perfect mechanical condition should not have a speed wobble at 80 mph.