Community Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with Victory enthusiasts around the world.

Home Forums Ask Me Anything Shift shaft seal oil leak Reply To: Shift shaft seal oil leak

  • Rylan

    Administrator
    July 24, 2022 at 7:41 am

    Well, the seal is pressed into place, and the magic is just mathematics, or what a machinists would describe as a “press fit”

    On the bench the seal would press in 10% by hand and the other 90% would be with a seal driver and light hammer blows.

    If your seal is worn out or damaged and now fits loosely, it should be replaced. You may notice the new seal is a much tighter fit; installation requiring driving with a tool.

    You could probably do this on the bike without removing the primary if you had the right size socket to act as the seal driving tool.

    -Rylan-