Community Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with Victory enthusiasts around the world.

Home Forums 1999-2001 V92 & V92SC Tps reset folly Reply To: Tps reset folly

• Rylan

Administrator
    April 5, 2023 at 5:42 am

I wished you’d had messaged me first.

Because I’d have said “if the bike is running good enough, then let it ride”. Because I know how easily a person can screw up the adjustment.

To which you may have replied “but it feels like it’s running rich!”

And then I would have said: “How do you know? Did you have an air/fuel meter plugged into the exhaust?” And you would have said “well, no, it just seems like it could be running better”. And then I would have said: that’s just how they run – not perfect, but you’re still getting from point A to B”

Now the only thing I can tell you is to keep messing with it until you get back to where you were.

This will be helped by ensuring the bike is in 100% perfect condition. The low battery that has been run down by repeated attempts to start the bike needs to be replaced. All the air leaks in the intake need fixed. The pinched fuel line, or clogged pre-filters need addressed, or whatever problem the bike may have needs address at this time.

Turning out the adjustment will richen the mixture, running the screw in will lean the mixture. A person cannot determine “rich” or “lean” with human senses. Both conditions have the same symptoms. And the bike is running a rudimentary fuel injection system that leaves a lot to be desired. So striving for perfection will be nearly impossible. What you’re looking for is “gets me from A to B. It may not be 100% perfect, but I can still hop on and ride it.”

I’ve never shorted out something by messing up the pin jumpering procedure.