Community Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with Victory enthusiasts around the world.

Home Forums Cross Country Rear Tire Alignment 2011 Crossroads

• Rear Tire Alignment 2011 Crossroads

Posted by Michael on March 23, 2023 at 5:01 am

Hello. 2011 Crossroads. Do I tension the belt with the right side nut only (belt side)? And once that is complete do I align the belt (and check by spinning the tire) with the left side nut only? Thanks.

Michael replied 1 year ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Rylan

Administrator
    March 23, 2023 at 7:20 am

• Michael

March 23, 2023 at 7:58 am

I watched this video before I came to the website. I guess I was expecting socket sizes, torque values, and some more depth. I found it lacking. However, different people teach in different ways, and I think the video is very useful on further review. Thanks.

• Rylan

Administrator
      March 24, 2023 at 6:36 am

My videos are meant to complement the service manual.

The service manual can be downloaded for free in the “Resources” section.

I consider my videos to be more “senior level” courses, rather than freshman level courses. I just expect you’ll have the manual at the ready, a toolbox with all the popular tools, and the knowhow on how to use the tools properly.

• Michael

March 25, 2023 at 7:05 am

Well that makes sense about having the service manual. I appreciate it. I got a quality torque wrench for the job. However, I didn’t have a large enough socket. I found out an 1 1/8″ fit rear axle. I got an Allen socket set. I will slowly build my tools up. So far, with the help of your videos, and others, I have changed air filter, changed fork oil, aligned front end, changed mufflers, changed rear tire, oil and filter change, added free play and lubed clutch cable, adjusted drive belt tension, painted front fender and side plates, and aligned rear tire. This morning I will check my rear shock and adjust it, align my headlight, and raise my clutch lever. Thank you.