Community Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with Victory enthusiasts around the world.

Home Forums Ask Me Anything 2003 Cruiser doesn’t move forward, grinding noise.

• 2003 Cruiser doesn’t move forward, grinding noise.

Posted by Rylan on July 26, 2022 at 7:12 am

I have a 2003 Classic Cruiser with 23,000 miles. I thought well maintained. The other day I was aggressively going up a hill and when I went to shift up to, I believe 3rd gear, when I left the clutch out I thought I missed a gear. Tried the shift again and again. Nothing but a grinding like noise. There was no bang or any other noise. Nothing out of the ordinary. No tell tail symptoms leading up to this. No gear will make it go when I start to let the clutch out it will start to move a little then something starts grinding. I was wondering if there are any common problems like this on these bikes. I would like to fix it because I always took care of it and I’m sure the engine is otherwise in good condition. (of course I don’t know absolutely but) I do all my own repairs alterations etc. but I don’t think I am comfortable splitting the case. Hopefully you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

J

Rylan replied 3 weeks ago 1 Member · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Rylan

Administrator
    July 26, 2022 at 7:12 am

Check the output sprocket. They can strip out.

-Rylan-

• Rylan

Administrator
    July 26, 2022 at 7:13 am

Damn! You called it! Now the question. Do you sell these? Along with the locking plate? I checked ebay. I didn’t see any that were listed with the same part number. Will others work? I have to figure how I am going to get the old one off. I don’t know how I will keep the shaft from turning since the sprocket is stripped out. I hope the shaft is ok.
    Thank you!!!
    J

• Rylan

Administrator
    July 26, 2022 at 7:22 am

They made the same pulley on any model 2003-2005 (excluding the 2005 Hammer with it’s 100/6 engine/trans). All those 03-05 92inch 5 speed bikes had the same engine/trans.

That will expand your ebay search.

I see it is still available new from Victory for $415 https://www.victorymotorcycles.com/en-us/assembly/?modelId=V05CB16DGP&assemblyId=266305

Get a new nut and plate while you are at it.

If the part is still available new, and pretty common on ebay then I try to send you there. I’m more of a shop than a source of used parts.

-Rylan-

The forum ‘Ask Me Anything’ is closed to new discussions and replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now